Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What?

Lets just get this out of the way . . . I am not a runner.

No one would describe me as "fit."

Or even athletic.

One might describe me as more "typically American."  Get the picture?  If it's not clear yet, keep reading and soon it will become crystal.

My 30th birthday is coming up in a few months.  The big 30.

The other night, walking home from a spectacular Sounders game, my wonderful fit, athletic sisters asked what I wanted to do to celebrate.  Apparently they think this is a big deal.  Ha . . . let's wait until it's their 30th birthday and we will see just how big of a deal it is.


Honestly?  I wanted to sit on the couch, stuff my face with popcorn drenched in butter and washed down with a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  Apparently that was not acceptable.  


An hour later, they had me convinced that a half marathon would be a fun, good idea.  


Thirty minutes after that, we discovered the Disney Princess Half Marathon and I was sold.   I mean come on, I get a tierra shaped medal at the end (here's hoping I survive to get the silly thing!) and you get Princess followed by your name on your bib.  


What's not to love about this idea?  


Oh . . . the training.  Did I mention that I am not fit, nor athletic and am a typical American?  


Yeah.  


This should be fun.


So here is to my adventure.  


The ups and downs.  


The highs and the lows.  


The successes and the stumbles.  


All I want to do is finish and be able to be proud of my accomplishment . . . whatever that might be.


I hope you will come along for the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo!! I'm in LOVE!! You go, girl! Excited to share in the adventure with you! (And eat popcorn drenched in...margarine...and Ben and Jerry's ice cream the second we finish!!)

    ReplyDelete