Monday, October 24, 2011

Training?

Ok.  So, I was pretty honest in my last post about myself, but let me recap.  


I am not fit. 


I don't like exercise.


I do have a membership to a local gym . . . point for me!


So here is the deal.


I don't know what I am doing.  No clue. 


Yesterday was what I consider Training Day 1.


I went to the gym.


I got on that treadmill, set it to 3.5 and walked away.


For an hour.


Obviously I didn't make it that far, only 3.5 miles BUT I did figure out a few things.


1)  Bringing my husband along with me might be good motivation.  At one point, I looked over and saw my husband going 3.7 mph on the neighboring treadmill.  Me?  I was going 3.3 at this point.  I COULD NOT let him be going faster than me.  So not ok, so I stepped it up.  Not bad motivation, eh?


2)  Sports bras are imperative.  Super important.  You are probably saying, "well, duh!!"  I know.  These ladies are large, there's no hiding that.  But you see, I was in the mood to go to the gym, so I needed to take advantage of that and GO.  I couldn't find my sports bra, and lets just say, I paid for not taking a few extra minutes to search for it.  Ouch!


3)  I want to be a runner.  I do.  I want to be one of those people who head outside after work and take a nice, refreezing jog, clearing their head.  So, I kinda want to run at least part of this half marathon.  I really do.  But when I "run" I go all out, fast.  And then I die.  Not productive.  Yesterday (due in large part to the lacking support . . .) I tried going at a slower pace.  4.2 mph to be exact.  And guess what?  I LOVED it!!!  I only ran for about four minutes or so, but I could have kept going!  It was a very cool feeling.


4)  I am excited to go BACK to the gym!!  Who am I?  Obviously I am knee deep in the honeymoon phase of this!


5)  I don't know what I am doing.  No clue.  I need to do some research or find some smart running friends or something! 


Do you want to be my new running friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment